All of these items may be mailed to us at GVSS, 404 SE 2nd Street, Suite 100, Grimes, IA 50111 or you may turn them into us at our office at 404 SE 2nd Street, Suite 100 in Grimes between 9 and 11 AM on any Monday, Wednesday, or Friday. 515-986-5355 If you have access to a scanner, you can complete, sign, scan and email to us as well. email@example.com
1. Complete and sign Volunteer Application (2 pages).
2. Sign the copy of the Volunteer Policies and Procedures (4 pages). If you did not get another copy of the Policies, let us know and we will get you a copy.
3. Complete and sign the last two pages of the GVSS DISCLOSURE FORMS (3 pages).
4. A copy of your driver’s license.
5. A copy of the verification of your automobile liability coverage. This may be a card you carry in your billfold or a half sheet you carry in your vehicle.
Please check to make sure you signed all places requested. After we have contacted your references, submitted your name for a background check and run a check on your driving record, we will notify you if you have been accepted.
Our expectation is that our volunteers do not do anything because they feel they have to but because they want to. You limit what, when and how often you provide assistance to others or the organization.
We began providing services in February of 2011 and are always looking for additional volunteers to help us serve area residents. You are able in the application to tell us when and how often you want to be available. We will respect those limitations.
Those interested in volunteering should do the following:
Please check to make sure you signed the application in BOTH places and the last two pages of the GVSS Disclosure form. After we have contacted your references and run a check on your driving record, we will notify you if you have been accepted.